Adobe Illustrator (For Macintosh)

Adobe Illustrator (AI) for Macintosh. Adobe Illustrator is a vector-based drawing program developed and marketed by Adobe. The latest version, Illustrator CS4, is the fourteenth generation in the product line. Numerous new features include multiple artboards in a single document, a "blob brush" that is similar to the brush in Adobe Flash, and supports transparency in gradients among other features. 

Keywords Adobe, Illustrator, Macintosh, HELP, amp, quot, unknown, format, cannot, open, s, CS3, file

HELP!!! "unknown format cannot open"...BUT it's a Illustrator CS3 file?????

Adobe Illustrator (For Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Illustrator (For Macintosh)

AuthorMessage
timnancyk (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! "unknown format cannot open"...BUT it's a

I spent several hours designing a file in CS3. I went to "Save as Web & Devices" and my MAC froze and I had to reboot. I now cannot open the illustrator file without getting the "file is an unknown format and cannot be opened" error. I have tried dropping the file in Distiller, placing in InDesign and trying to place into a blank illustrator file with no luck. I have even tried to open the file in Photoshop file. All attempts say the file is unknown. Did the crash corrupt the illustrator file? If so, is there a way to recover. I pray there is!! I do not want to redesign this project again!!! HELP!!
Wade_Zimmerman (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!"unknown format cannot open"...BUT it's

Do you have fireworks?

Is there a teemporary file in the trash?

Can you open the file in BBEdit?
Scott_Weichert (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:01 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!"unknown format cannot open"...BUT it's

Does it open with Acrobat (Not Distiller)?
bestsoftvn (A_T) adobeforums.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Re: HELP!!!"unknown format cannot open"...BUT it's

Hi timnancyk,
If you see this message, please contact with me by email: mr.minh2626 (AT) gmail (DOT) com for our project that you selected me. My nick:bestsoftvn.
Thank you
   Adobe Illustrator (For Macintosh) Forum Index -> Adobe Illustrator (For Macintosh)All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1